Port Hedland Industries Council members are among the keynote speakers at a major industry conference this month.
The Pilbara 2022 conference will examine economic growth, investment, development, productivity and innovation across the region.
Major topics include:
- The WA Economy – The importance of new development and economic growth in the Pilbara.
- Strategic development – Investment opportunities and emerging industries driving economic growth.
- The future of energy and decarbonisation – Renewables, hydrogen and gas.
- The resources powerhouse of WA – Growth, new developments and decarbonisation in mines, ports, shipping, and green steel.
- Managing and stimulating growth – Innovative infrastructure, transport, primary industries and creating thriving and diverse communities.
PHIC chief executive officer Kirsty Danby said the conference was an opportunity to discuss the major issues and opportunities facing the region and find ways to further develop the Pilbara.
“As leaders in the region and in their fields, it is good to see PHIC members providing their thoughts and planning around these important issues,” Kirsty said.
“It is about more than mining; it is about creating and fostering communities and how the resources sector can drive changes that will benefit not only the region, but the State, the nation, and the world by providing the minerals that will power our net zero carbon emission targets.
“The diversity of topics covered by PHIC members in their keynote speeches also show the breadth of experience within our organisation.”
Among the speakers will be:
- Lyle Banks General Manager – Development and Trade, Pilbara Ports Authority (Building Pilbara Ports capacity)
- Michael Tonkin – General Manager, Onslow Iron, Mineral Resources (Creating and unlocking value through efficiency and innovation)
- Cindy Dunham – General Manager Port, BHP (Bringing people and resources together to build a better world)
- Dino Otranto – Chief Operating Officer Iron Ore, Fortescue Metals Group
- Dale Henderson – Chief Operating Officer, Pilbara Minerals (Powering a Renewable Future through Innovation).
The Pilbara 2022 conference will be held in Karratha on June 29 and 30.
BHP, PPA, and Fortescue are also among the conference sponsors.